Does this ring a bell, I can guarantee when you read this you say either out loud or in your head........yep that's me?
You are so not alone, I can honestly say that every woman I have helped with a wardrobe wake up, wardrobe consultation or wardrobe detox they have called me because they feel like this, even I have felt like this!
The other image I love is this one, how many of you open your wardrobe every morning and feel like this, it may not look like this but very near to it.
I wanted to help you by giving you some tips on how to get your wardobe ready for the new season and how to make your wardrobe work for you with both your personality and lifestyle.
What I love is that each and every one of you will have a wardrobe that tells a story, it will tell which are your favourite style trousers, whether you like dresses or skirts, is your life more casual than work orientated and so many more intriguing facts like the personality you are.
For example; ladies that struggle to find the right dress will have none in their wardrobe but they will probabaly over compensate by having lots of trousers & shoes.
I know there will be items in your wardrobe that still have the labels on, are too big/small, you never really liked...maybe now is the time to do something with them and make space for new pieces to update your wardrobe and inject modern new season items.
As a firm believer that having a capsule wardrobe makes our life easy and helps us look stunning all the time here are my top tips for building your own capsule wardrobe;
The secret of having a capsule wardrobe is that all your items can be worn as a standalone or with each other, trust me it makes life less stressful .
My wardrobe wake up tips are make 3 piles;
- Charity / Swishing party . Re sell
- Say bye bye
- If you have not worn something for a year and it is not seasonal then it needs to be lovingly placed in one of the above piles. There are some fab places who sell your clothes for you or you can advertise them yourself if good quality. You may get paid for clearing out your wardrobe...how cool is that?
- Keep items that look fab and that you can build on, these will be your base items ie; jeans, black trousers, jacket, skirt, dress etc
- When shopping think of what you have in your new cleansed wardrobe and how any new items will go with that you have, think of colours, styles etc.
- Accessories such as jewellery, belts and scarves are amazing and are wonderful to jazz up any outfit. I recommend to hang your accessories on your hangers in your wardrobe, that way they become another piece of clothing you see when you open the door. It saves you time!
- Keep best neutral shoes/boots to go with everything but shoes with colour look amazing especially in the Spring/Summer months
I hope you are able to use the tips to breathe fresh air into your wardrobe. I can truly say it is great fun and you will feel great after a good clear out, let me know how you get on.
Lots of love