Monday 14 May 2012

Day 1 - My ZARA picks

I know that for many of you the high street is quite a daunting place and sometimes it is hard to see the wood for the trees.

Do you only go shopping when you need to?

Does the thought of shopping fill you with dread?

Do you find the shops overwhelming?

Well, in the next 30 days I am going to be taking you on a trip through around our high street brands showing you my picks of the day and helping you understand more how our high street works.

I have chosen to start with ZARA, a shop lots of us love but are never quite sure how the sizing works or how their collections work. ZARA is a brand that cut predominatley on the smaller side so please don't worry if you have to go up a size. They also cut narrow on their trousers so are not always perfect for those of you with a curvy bottom half.

Firstly, in my opinion you will be able to wear something from every brand on my journey, do not be afraid...be brave.

I have selected items that work to create a simple, stunning and chic look.

Great studded sandals are perfect for the summer and as the colour is neutral they will go with anything. The wide legged blue linen trousers ( great for all body shapes ) are a great alternative to jeans for the summer and they help to inject a new fabric into any outfit.

I wanted to add a splash of colour so went for this lovely lace flower coral pink sleeveless top.
And to top off the outfit I have popped this super white single breasted fabric blazer, these are great this season as they allow you to keep the look chic whilst being so comfortable.

Accessories are so important to complete any look, they just seem to tie everything together. I love this geometric planel necklace. Accessories are a great way to inject your personality but beware of the scale, the scale of the accessory should be in keeping with the scale of your body so it does not overwhelm or get lost.









lots of love
Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...